Helping Other People Excel provides an array of workforce assistance to Transitioning Military personnel, Veterans & Spouses, at-risk and economically disadvantaged populations, (re)entering the job market, jobseekers with a Disability, and provide insight to low-income youth become self-sufficient adults by participating in school-based and work-based learning opportunities— today’s job market/workforce. H.O.P.E. is currently working to raise the essential private funding to help assist with the necessary programs required to meet the needs of jobseekers.
The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate H.O.P.E.’s mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations; Establishing and maintaining personal contact an d relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts; Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospect research; Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals’
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized, a high level of computer literacy required.
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or have worked in related discipline with a minimum of three years of related experience and a proven track record in grant writing and program development. Candidate must have excellent writing, analytical, and research skills, excellent verbal communication skills, be proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data and possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
To Apply :
Please submit your resume, references (3), and salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to (301-868-2480). Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please. Positions open until filled.